Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Best of 2008 List - Television Edition

What fun is having a blog if you can't force your end of the year lists upon people. My first crack at it is going to be my Top 5 Best Episodes of Television in 2008. I'll try to do at least one a day for the next week.

5. Mad Men - The Jet Set - Original Air date: 10/12/08
When I'm watching a serial based drama I usually like my payoffs early and often. Mad Men does not do this. The whole series is a slow burn. But it does it in a way where, not only I'm I not annoyed, but I don't even care if they tell me anything new. For the first time in Mad Men we leave the East Coast and see Don Draper make some uncharacteristic decisions. We know that he's unfaithful and he lies so it's not a leap of faith to believe he would have a dalliance with someone in California, but to blindly follow a woman and blow off work responsibilities in the process was actually as exciting you can get on Mad Men.

No comments: