Tuesday, December 30, 2008

1. The Shield - Possible Kill Screen - Original Air date: 11/18/08

This is another penultimate episode of a series. The series finale of The Shield could have easily had my top spot as it was one of (if not the best) series finales ever. But the reason I chose "Possible Kill Screen" instead was because it had the best scene in television this year. When Vic Mackey sits in front of that microphone about to confess all of his sins I actually almost had to pause it to compose myself. Then to actually hear him say it all (and who was around to hear it) was as intense as fiction can get. It was honestly the only non-sports related thing I've ever watched on television that I couldn't sleep afterwards.

**Bonus note** -- The Shield gets kudos from me for having an episode title so fitting to the plot and also a great pop-culture reference. "Possible Kill Screen" is reference to King of Kong which is one of my favorite documentaries.

No comments: