Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Revisitng The Dave Matthews Band


I used to be a huge Dave Matthews fan...HUGE. I had stickers on my '85 Buick Skyhawk, over ten t-shirts a few posters and one drunk night after an awesome DMB show I was seriously considering a Fire Dancer or Dancing 8 tattoo. Thank f'in god I didn't.

I don't exactly know what happened but it was around the Everyday album that I started drifting away. I've only seen DMB in ampitheatre type of venues and it was routinely awesome. Everyday turned out to be a huge album for them (I was only lukewarm on it) and then they started selling out Giant Stadium. I refuse to see a band in a stadium. It doesn't do it for me. Then I got my hands on The Lillywhite Sessions which I thought was outstanding and argueably my favorite DMB album (despite never officially being released).

When I heard that DMB was doing another studio album I was, again, excited. I don't know if I just wasn't as internet saavy as I am now or what but I didn't realize that Busted Stuff was just going to be re-recordings of the Lillywhite Sessions (which I didn't like half as much) with two new songs on it. I was disillusioned and little by little DMB started disappearing from my rotation.

This past week I stumbled across Two Step and Jimi Thing on the radio and really enjoyed it. It was time to go back. The Cove is rocking an all DMB playlist these past two days and I've got to say...I'm enjoying it.

No comments: