Friday, March 7, 2008

My soccer jersey

About 2 years ago I realized I have nothing really cool to wear for St. Patrick's Day except for some t-shirt someone gave me from Kohl's like 5 years ago. I decided (despite my hatred for the sport) that an Ireland soccer jersey would be the tits. My perfect shirt size is an XLT which isn't really easy to find so I usually go between an XL and XXL depending on the garment. To err on the side of caution, I ordered myself a XXL Ireland soccer jersey online for like 90 bucks justifying the purchase as something I'll wear for many March 17ths to come. About 5 days later it shows up and I go try it on. Apparently the website failed to mention that soccer equipment has it's own different size charts not unlike how a men's medium is different than a women's medium. Turns out a soccer XXL is like a men's L. Needless to say, when I tried it on, it needed to be helped off. Now this is my own fault because I should have realized that I've never seen a guy my size play soccer, therefore, a XXL isn't probably a popular size in that sport. On top of that, soccer jerseys aren't exactly "flowey." For some reason I couldn't return it though. It was the highest size they had and I did/do still want it. So I stashed it in my closet so maybe one day I'll fit into it should I eventually ever choose to actually take care of myself. I hear chicks do that. Anyway, I've eaten healthy for the last few months and been occasionally going to the gym and actually shed a few pounds. So I'm going to give it another shot this year. I'm not hopeful though. It was REALLY tight two years ago.

1 comment:

MC2024 said...

The jersey fit. The sleeves were a little tight but that's a small price to pay for having guns.