Friday, June 27, 2008

The Loss Of Summer

What used to be my favorite season of the year has now become the season that I dread. I like the heat. I like wearing shorts. I like baseball, drinking outside during the day and the beach. The summer is also the time where I like to slow things down. Unfortunately the late teen/early 20's version of Slice just assumed everyone else felt this same way when planning out the rest of his life. It's disheartening to learn that it's not the case.

Today is the day that New York teachers finish work for the summer. Now for two months I'm going have a constant reminder of how I fucked up by not becoming a teacher. Not only do I have a few friends who are teachers (who are nice enough to send me text messages during the day telling me how awesome it is not to be at work), I'm engaged to a teacher so it's now right in my face 24/7.

Although it'll be at the forefront of my mind every second of the summer I'll try to keep it out of the blog. I even get tired of hearing my self complain about it out loud.

Hold Steady on Sunday!

No comments: