Thursday, July 31, 2008

MGMT - McCarren Park Pool - July 27th - Pt.2

I was probably only in McCarren Park Pool for about an hour and a half total and we missed the Ting Tings and Black Moth Super Rainbow. They were setting up for MGMT's set which gave me the opportunity to get in to two games of dodgeball. I'm hoping that I drank a little too much and that was why I was so terrible at a game I used to be classified as a wizard at (I'm afraid that it's not though). Either way, it was fun to play dodgeball again. I don't think I've played "real" dodgeball in like 20 years. By "real," I mean with the rubber kickballs not Nerf or anything like we were forced to play with before I even graduated from Elementary School.

For MGMT the place was packed and it seemed like most of the crowd was really into it. I'm not super familiar with the album but I recognized enough to enjoy the show. One one complaint was that for the encore they played what felt like was a 10 minute song I didn't recognize which seemed to bring the crowd down a little. On the flip side, it was followed up by the high point of the show which they closed with Kids which I thought sounded great and the crowd was really into it which always helps.

No comments: